Monday, July 18, 2011

I Don't Give a Shit

I'm 30, recently turned, hence my anger. I'm divorced and a single mom with a ridiculously messy house.  At this point, moving to a new house and starting all over (even with underwear and socks) would be easier.  I have historically dated emotionally retarded men and am fairly certain that is something I haven't quite learned my lesson on so more will come on that front I'm sure.  But regardless, I have just become quite unapologetic for my swearing, my lack of perfect parenting skills (my kids have it pretty good), and my inability to keep all my shit going perfectly all the time.  I forget to call people back, I am never on time, and lately I have not averaged more than about 5 hours of sleep at night.  I don't give a shit.


I used to care too much about being too bold or offensive.  And I don't walk the streets with a bull whip waiting for reasons to use it on strangers, but I'm finding out that I just have to be myself even if it's not what someone wants to hear or see.  I flipped someone off while driving this week.  That was a pretty big deal for me. (Although I attribute that to recent time spent on the East Coast.  THANK YOU NEW JERSEY) I'm 30.  Shit. I hate saying it.  But I am.  I drink wine during the work week, recently started drinking coffee, I have songs on my iPod that my kids probably shouldn't hear that I play when I cook and in the car, I suck at life sometimes, but I'm not on any wanted posters and I as a defensive driver who regularly recycles and leaves pennies in the leave a penny/take a penny jar.  So, at times, I guess I do give a shit.

As my new FB friend (and admitted stalker) Sarah Jett told me today, "I honestly say, "I don't give a shit..." at least 5 - 10 times a day.  It's usually followed by if, who, where, what, why, or when.  PS - I just told my boss it was my personal goal to say, "I don't give a shit" 20 times today.  His response, "oh no, not today please."  My response, "I don't give a shit what you want... I'm doing it."

So, my FB friend (stalker) is also my new hero.

Number of times I used the word shit in this post:  8


No comments:

Post a Comment